Sunday, July 13, 2008

Introduction

Beauty began dictating my life when I was 12.  In the 7th grade, I signed up for volleyball.  Practice started at 6 a.m.  I would get up at 4:30 to wash and style my hair (and put on make up!) for volleyball practice.  Had I put the same effort into volleyball as I did my hair, my coach probably would have put me in more often.

Things have not changed much since 1982.  I am now a lawyer and a partner in a Midwestern law firm.  If I put the same effort into my legal practice as I do my beauty routine, I'd be making a lot more money. And would probably save on beauty products.  Nonetheless, after 26 years of being a beauty junkie, it's unlikely I'm going to change.  So, here we are. 

This blog (or "blawg") is a creative outlet for two important parts of my life:  beauty and the law.   What do beauty and the law have to do with one another?  Relatively little, I'm sure.  Perhaps I am the sole common denominator.  We'll see.  Thanks for reading this far.  And don't forget your sunscreen!

No comments: